Make a General Donate
GI Bill Resident Rate Requirements
December 9, 2015 11:10AM
All states and territories are now compliant with the GI Bill Resident Rate Requirements, Section 702 of the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014.   You can call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or go to the GI Bill Comparison Tool and research your school to learn more about this program and to see if your school is eligible.
American Military University
Veteran Women
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program
Veterans Career
Transition Program
ACP’s Mentoring Program
Post 9/11 Bill
VA GI Bill Comparison Tool
Yellow Ribbon Program listings
VA and LinkedIn partnership expands to offer no-cost courses
Educational Asst Program  (DEA)
Veterans Scholarships and Grants by State
Dependents’ Educational Assistance (Chapter 35) benefits
Post - 9/11 GI Bill)
Education Pamphlet
Monthly Housing Allowance
Your Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) is generally the same as the military Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) for an E-5 with dependents. Your MHA is based on the ZIP code for your school. MHA rate increases based on BAH increases are effective August 1 (the beginning date of the academic year).
There are some exceptions to MHA
To research monthly housing allowance amounts please visit the GI Bill Comparison Tool and do a search for your school.
The housing allowance is paid at a percentage based on your training time.
Monthly Housing Allowance Payments

Once the training time is determined, the monthly housing allowance is paid at the nearest 10% level. For instance if your training time is determined to be 58% as calculated above you will be paid 60% of the applicable housing allowance. If your training time is calculated to be 84% you will be paid 80% of the applicable housing allowance.

Schools in US Territories E-5 with dependents OHA Rate for school location
Exclusively Online Training (No Classroom Instruction) $783.00
Attending classes at ½ time or less NOT PAYABLE
Active Duty Trainee (or transferee spouse of servicemember NOT PAYABLE

How is my housing allowance paid if I'm not a full-time student?
Under the Post-9/11 GI Bill,a Veteran enrolled at more than one-half time can qualify for a monthly housing allowance based on DoD's Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) rate for an E-5 with dependents. VA determines eligibility for housing allowance by calculating the rate of pursuit. Rate of pursuit is expressed in a percentage calculated by dividing the number of credits in which the student is enrolled by the number of credits considered to be full time. A student with a rate of pursuit greater than 50% can qualify for the housing allowance.
For undergraduate enrollments, 12 semester or quarter hours are generally required for full-time training. The school submits the term dates and credit hours of the enrollment to VA and we calculate the rate of pursuit.
For example, if 12 credits is considered full-time, a course load of 6 credits yields a rate of pursuit of 50% (6 ÷ 12 = .50), whereas a course load of 7 credits yields a rate of pursuit of 58% (7 ÷ 12 = .58). In this scenario, a Veteran would need to enroll for at least 7 credits (such as two 3-credit classes and a 1-credit lab) in order to receive the housing allowance benefits.
Some schools offer classes in terms that are shorter than a standard length semester or quarter. This is especially true for online classes and summer enrollments, but some schools offer accelerated terms at brick-and-mortar campuses year round. In these cases, VA calculates weighted "equivalent credit hours" so that fewer credits are required for full-time (and more than half-time) training.
Because graduate level programs vary in the amount of credits required for full-time training, the school provides the training time information to VA in addition to the term dates and credit hours of the enrollment.
Books/Supplies Stipend
A yearly books and supplies stipend of up to $1000.00 paid proportionately based on enrollment.
Rural benefit
A one time payment of $500 may be payable to certain individuals relocating from highly rural areas if they reside in a county with 6 persons or less per square mile (as determined by the most recent decennial census) and either:
physically relocate at least 500 miles to attend an educational institution or
travel by air to physically attend an educational institution if no other land-based transportation exists
Gift Shop